Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Power

I am just taken back tonight about the power God has. There is power in His name, power in His voice, power in the Holy Spirit that lives inside us, power in the name of Jesus, and power in his resurrection!
Psalm 29:3-4: The voice of the Lord is over the waters, the God of glory thunders...The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic
Tonight my roommate, Megan, was sharing some stuff about her sister with me. In short, her sister Nicole is in Chile, also studying abroad, and just found out her host family has a daughter that is 3 months pregnant that just moved back into the house (they had a falling out because she is not married). There is some MAJOR spiritual warfare going on in this house and I just want to ask each of you to lift Nicole and her roommate (who is also a Christian) up and pray for wisdom and the faith they have that can move mountains. The father of the house is a Baptist preacher. Nicole has never really been around any spiritual warfare, as this is new to her, she can feel it surrounding her.
Take everything the Master has set out for you, well made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand us to everything the Devil throws your way. Ephesians 6:11 (the message)
I was laying in bed thinking about how great God is and how He does everything for a reason, even the little stuff. He has given me the opportunity to learn about spiritual warfare. He did all of this at different times so that his name could be glorified today and as He works in the life of this young pregnant daughter.  We were able to have in depth discussions about it last year in our Bible study and find some verses that discuss it directly. We learned that Satan has no hold on us and cannot because we have the Holy Spirit living inside us. In Kenya and at Impact, it was real and alive. Then I had the opportunity to discuss and learn and share with my friends after we went to see Paranormal Activity. This week, we visited a Traditional doctor who believes spirits are able to heal his patients. Today I have been thinking about it a lot and how it can effect this house I am in and my attitude on a daily basis. Tonight, Megan shared this news with me. We were able to talk about it and discuss it and pray over the situation, the house, Nicole, and the daughter. I was able to share with her what I have learned over the years and let her pass it onto Nicole. As I was laying in bed, reading a Christian fiction novel, the main character was dealing with casting out demons and demonic visions that were happening to the people around him. The NAME OF JESUS IS POWER.
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  For the weapons of our warfare are not physical, but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds.
2 Corinthians 10: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...