Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mungu mzuri kila wakati na kila wakati Mungu mzuri

Today I had the opportunity to go back to the peanut butter place. The power was on so we were actually able to make peanut butter today! I helped label the tubs with rubber cement and a piece of cardboard as the glue stick. We worked on my swahili while I was there. 
I am so moved by their faith, which I know can move mountains. I walked into them listening to some type of Christian preaching on the radio. I picked up on the “Hallelujah”, “Amen”, and that Jesus will return. And He will return to Tanzania. The radio then shifted to some Swahili Jesus music which was very enjoyable. Mama Alpha asked me if I was born again and became SO excited when I told her I was and that I love God very much. I then told them I only know one song in Swahili and we all sang it together. They got so excited, it warmed my heart. When it was time for me to go back home to get ready for my Health midterm, she showed me around the village and whenever she would introduce me to someone, she would make sure and let me know if they were born again also. They invited me to go to church with them one Sunday and I said “Ndio, tafadhali!” (yes please!!)
I would like to ask for some prayer for my next two-ish weeks. I have been given the opportunity to go back to Mombasa, Kenya and reunite with all my dear friends there! My heart is overflowing with joy, I am so excited. I will be traveling alone while everyone else goes off to Zanzibar (an island in Tanzania) for Spring Break.  
some of the tubs we labeled


sorting through the peanuts

mama alpha (left) mama rosie (right)
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I loved reading this Squirt. I'll be praying for you and your time in Mombasa. At our church we say with the pastor God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Every Sunday. :)

    I love you and truly appreciate you keeping us here Stateside updated on your goings on.

    STAY SAFE!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...