Monday, May 2, 2011

Indivisible Under God

Let me start off by saying, my blog is not created to be a political blog or rant and rave on my personal opinions, but I would like to make a little post about what's going on right now. 

As I am sure everyone knows at this point, Osama Bin Laden has been killed and buried at sea. 

I think that it's a little bit ridiculous that there is so much controversy over who should get the praise: Obama, Bush, Gates, the military, etc...

Here is my opinion. We should come to the conclusion that all parties can receive praise. However, ultimately it should be our US Military. They are the ones who go out each day, day after day, sacrifice their lives, the comfort of the US, the time with their family: leaving spouses & new children & miss important family activities. They are the ones who, despite the criticism and disrespect from some of the American public, continue to go out and personally defend the rights and safety of each of the Americans - even those who disrespect them.

Robert Gates has done a good job keeping the troops on top of the problem and leading them while giving input to the President.

George Bush will always be appreciated and honored by me for his courage in telling the world that America cannot be toyed with. He stuck to his guns and has done immeasurable amounts in protecting the US, Europe, Pakistan, and liberating the Afghan people.

Guantanamo Bay has proven to save lives and could be responsible for the intel that lead to Bin Laden's death.

Barack Obama has returned the prisoners to Gitmo, stuck with the war in the Middle East, and made the final allowance to kill Bin Laden.
As we do, we must also reaffirm that the United States is not –- and never will be -– at war with Islam.  I’ve made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam.  Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims.  Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries, including our own.  So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity. ... So Americans understand the costs of war.  Yet as a country, we will never tolerate our security being threatened, nor stand idly by when our people have been killed.  We will be relentless in defense of our citizens and our friends and allies.  We will be true to the values that make us who we are. And on nights like this one, we can say to those families who have lost loved ones to al Qaeda’s terror:  Justice has been done. -Remarks by the President on Osama Bin Laden
So in summing that up, instead of fighting and arguing over who should get all the praise, I believe the American people should come together, congratulate all parties, and especially the men and women who fearlessly serve our country.

I also believe that as a Christian, we should mourn the life who was lost, both mortally and eternally. I mourn the life that was lost (just as every life that has been lost), but glad justice has been brought although it caused a loss in our eternal family. God loves all, even those we don't understand.

To sum it up, as I have been each day of my life and hopefully will continue to be till I die, I am proud to be an American. Today is not the reason I am proud, I have always been proud. I love the USA and pray for our wonderful country each day.

So Americans, let's keep the pledge true. Let's be indivisible! We are ONE Nation UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice FOR ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...