Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Last 3 Months

Hello strangers!

I sincerely apologize for not posting in quite some time. It went from being crazy busy to being one of those things where it's been so long so where do I start. I am back in College Station, almost finished with my first semester of Junior year. I am still working with LibertyLinked and have been blessed with the opportunity to go on a few business trips with them.  I am debating on turning this into a political opinions blog, but that won't happen just yet. Instead I may add in little tidbits or go on occasional rants.

A gift from Cody. I wear it proud!!
Cody is a newly transformed political activist and loves himself some Ron Paul
If you haven't joined LibertyLinked yet, DO IT! www.LibertyLinked.com It really a great resources. Let me encourage you that we need, no we MUST, do something about our country to save the future for my generation, my children, and well who ever comes after that if the good Lord hasn't come back by then! I have had the privilege of working with some great people in the grassroots movement. We make up a team of LibertyLinked, Alice Linahan, Lorie Medina, and Catherine Engelbrecht. We also have Brandon Darby and Anita Moncrief join us. And occasionally we have Foster Friess come speak with us as well!

Anita is the woman in charge of exposing ACORN and the fraud they foster. She now works with the grassroots movement and helps spread the truth of politics from the conservative side to the lower income communities and tells her story around the country. She has started Boots of Liberty Taskforce.
Brandon Darby, in the middle, is a former left activist who was involved in just about everything liberal you could think of. After a change of events, he became an FBI informant to expose the games of the liberals and now goes around the country investigating all of the Occupy ____ and has done extensive interview work at Occupy Wall Street. He started Citizen Patriot Response.

Chad, my boss, is on the right.
Forgive our silliness, this picture was taken at the last event of the night at a conference in Florida which ended around 2AM.
Foster Friess is a renown investor of his $15 billion firm, Friess Associates, who now  uses his resources to remind the country of the principles our Founding Fathers established our nation on. He and his team post frequent blogs uncovering the truth of what is happening in our nation. www.FosterFriess.com

School is going well, I am ready to graduate. Some people have mixed feelings when I say that. I have been traveling a lot, just about every weekend this semester. I might have stayed home 3-4 total weekends. I have been so blessed with my roommates and we love living in our cute, little, old, quaint house. And I have been attempting to be a crafty little lady....


These window panes are all from the ranch and the middle one I made into a mirror for my vanity

My headboard is an old fireplace mantel

I hand painted the rug!! 

The dresser Cody and I remastered

The rug during transformation (same one that's under my bed)
Horrible picture but I handmade a happy birthday garland!!   Mom was of great help on this!
I made a dry erase calendar! It's burlap in the background --sorry for the bad picture
In the meantime,

Cody took me to the Texas State Fair for my first time! I loved it! We watched a butterfly come out of it's chrysalis and.....
We petted a zebra!
But best of all.... We found an African dance performance and guess where they are from.... MOMBASA!!
I of course had to go talk to them and prove to Cody they are really from Africa. Come to find out they are from the same tribe as the people I worked with at Mbewau. As soon as I introduced myself as Kadzo they were shocked but began laughing. It made my day.
 I still speak with my dear friends in Mombasa at Mbewau. I talk to Jackson about every 2ish weeks and Mary every 3 weeks. I am desperately looking for someone in College Station who speaks Swahili as a first language. I have been gone for a bit too long and it is starting to fade! I need someone to help me practice so I can have better conversations with Mary. I think about my dear friends every day and have their pictures all over the place. I can't wait to see them again, but until then, I will satisfy myself with our phone calls. Please continue to keep them all in your prayers. Mombasa and Arusha are still living day by day and still need prayers.


My favorite "fast food" place in CS is back open. THANK YOU PITA PIT!! We of course visited the first day.
I have cheered on the Ags and stood with the 12th man


 
Even one of my campers came!!
We even camped out for tickets to the very last A&M vs. t.u. game!!

BUT BEST OF ALL:
 Sam and Stephanie are pregnant with baby number two!
Tanner will be the proud big brother of  PIPER MARIE!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't forget to be thankful for all of the wonderful gifts we have been given by our dear Lord.



1 comment:

  1. How did I not know you had a blog?! Love it, and Ron Paul and your house and your roommates! Looks like all is well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...